Musings and Poetry

My collection of poems, stories, and fitful spurts of creative energy.

March 29, 2004

Family Strife = Freedom!

Father is dying. Grandfather is dying. Mom is fighting with grandmother. Siblings battling among themselves.

What a mess!

So THIS is what it's like to have family troubles. I think for once, I feel "normal!" My family has always been perfect. We've gotten along, we actually enjoyed each other's company and now, suddenly, it's all exploded! I think I played a bad part in the downfall. Confidant to all, insight into everyone, I tried to keep things together, plant the seeds of understanding, spread empathy. I think I failed. I should have told them all to quit talking to me and actually talk to the person who offended them!

*sigh*

It actually feels good to have that burden off my shoulders. I don't have to "hold them together" anymore. I can just be myself and allow things to fall into place. I'm excited about finally freeing myself from the yolk of "family glue" and moving fully into my life. I don't care anymore what my family thinks. This is a freeing day for me!

Onward and upward!