Musings and Poetry

My collection of poems, stories, and fitful spurts of creative energy.

June 08, 2004

A Moment of Passion Expressed Only by Words

I put down my book and my mind is alive
Words, wonder, emotions.
The letter I wrote him is alive
Living, breathing, hot, writhing.
My heart scrawled on inadequate paper.

The letter betrays the intense passion I feel.
My body, my spirit yearns for him.
His blond/blue scorches the inside of my eyelids.
His arms are achingly real to my empty grasp.
I want him close.
My head on his chest.
His lips.
The feeling of him inside.
I want to press my chest against his sleeping back
Draw his slumbering soul into my safe haven.
I want his head on my arm
My hand snugly around him in comfort and care.

His neck and shoulders are a wonder.
My lips kiss and caress them involuntarily.
His laughter, quickness, intensity,
suppressed fury, deep sorrow, sweet innocence,
Fear, longing, loyalty, love, passion and mystery
Haunt my waking moments and deepest dreams.

I see in this beginning possibilities
Of years of discovery.
I fear losing the future,
So I allow only the present.

Very soon I will see him again.
How simple and beautiful it will be.
I do not know the details,
The words exchanged, or activities engaged.
I only know that my fingers
will once again touch him.
My eyes look on his stunning beauty,
My breath catch in my throat.

It is enough to know I will see him again.
How wonderful it would be to have a lifetime
To see him again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home