Musings and Poetry

My collection of poems, stories, and fitful spurts of creative energy.

April 03, 2005

Pesonality Vacation

I'm sitting at the table
With nothing to say.

A Funny Interesting Cute guy
Across from me and my
Personality decides to
Take a coffee break.

Two lame bars later,
With absolutely no
witty banter,
I'm standing at his door
Getting an invite up.
Maybe it's not my
Personality!

When did I become someone
To invite upstairs?
Especially when I had clearly
Sent my Intelligence,
Culture and Interest on
An extended vacation.

Am I an "wanna come up?" guy
On just my Looks?!?
Christ, when the fuck did that happen?
I guess I'm flattered.

Maybe this is why I
End up in relationships
That go nowhere.

They think I'm a piece of meat,
Then they realize they've
Bitten off more than they
Can chew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home