Musings and Poetry

My collection of poems, stories, and fitful spurts of creative energy.

May 01, 2004

Kisses

He held my hand, stopped me in the street, turned me around and kissed me. I wish I could say it was only the kiss that made me swoon. Though it had the power to do so, it was the combination of delightful chatter, intense looks, the feel of his knee beneath my hand, the beautiful words, his brilliant mind and his lips. All of those things coupled with a kiss that steals breath away has taken me to a higher place. I'm in a child like state of wonder. Everything is beautiful. Love songs chime in my head. Works of poetry and novellas of love are simultaneously composed both trying, and failing, to capture the pure intensity of passion, romance and budding love that sparks and charges between these two bodies.

I had forgotten what it was like. I had forged a new way of looking at relationships that had nothing to do with love and only to do with convenience and comfort.

Now I realize my foolishness. I've met someone where I can see love and comfort in beautiful harmony. The kind of person with whom I can see growing older. I touch his hand and see the moment and all of the subsequent happy, painful, sweet, emotional, upsetting, joyous and intense moments that are coming in the days, weeks, months, and coming years.

Besos, Baci, Kisses. So much promise, beauty, passion all bottled into such a simple meeting between two people.

It's a beautiful thing.