Musings and Poetry

My collection of poems, stories, and fitful spurts of creative energy.

January 02, 2006

Biological Clock

My clock is ticking.

My body, my loins,
My garden is fertile.
But, it's not.

Gay man's guilt.
Gay man's curse.
My soul, my spirit,
My body is part male,
Part female.

Part.

I can't create life.
My sexual orientation
Stops me from combining
My DNA with my love's.
Our genes cannot mix.

A child will never have
My eyes and his chin.
My analytical mind.
His athletic prowess.

I know the feeling.
Barren women.
The pain and the longing.

A child.

Someone to love.
A person to raise.
New life to discover
The world.

Adoption.
Surrogacy.
Even without a partner.
My love can still
Create life.
Create Life.

A loved child is Life.

It doesn't matter where
They came from physically.
They will be loved.
And love is Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home