Musings and Poetry

My collection of poems, stories, and fitful spurts of creative energy.

May 02, 2004

To be read at my father's funeral

My heart is torn asunder.
My soul rips in two and grief fills everything I have ever known.

Words are not enough.
How can you say how much he loved me?
No one can accurately describe the depth of his love for his wife and children.
If words were like grains of sand or stars in the sky,
There would be too few to capture it all.
If only everyone in the world
Were lucky enough to have someone
Love them so fully, completely
And unconditionally.

In his eyes, I was nothing less than perfect.
In my eyes he is perfect,
And I will miss him.

You will live in me forever.
You will be with me forever.

You wanted nothing but happiness for me.

So, when I am happy, that...that is where you will be.