Musings and Poetry

My collection of poems, stories, and fitful spurts of creative energy.

October 08, 2004

New Digs

It's amazing what a change in location will do for a body. I'm back downtown in Manhattan and finding different ways to occupy my time. I suddenly have two extra hours a day and not really sure what to do with them! I'm thinking about expanding my hobbies a bit, or adding a new one.

It's nice to be part of the city again. Inwood was nice, and pretty, but it reminded me of suburbia. I like the Urban Sprawl with the soaring buildings, brownstones, corner bistroes, shops, restaurants, and those great flower paintings on the sidewalks in the village, the art galleries and spaces, mini parks and people walking their dogs. I actually enjoy being on top of everyone. A condensed soup of people, emotions, energy. Sometimes it can be maddening, but mostly it's exhilarating!

See ya on the streets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home